Friday, August 2, 2013

Day 1


The Chinese people love Lila! I guess they don't see little American girls very often. All day people were either taking her picture or asking if they could have their picture made with her. She loves the attention!
This morning our guide took us to visit with a lady who lives in Beijing. Very interesting to see how she lives. The people have a community courtyard, and the house was very small and had no air-conditioning. She was very sweet and we stayed about an hour visiting with her.
Next we went to a silk factory which was neat.
Lunch was at an authentic Beijing restaurant, and our guide ordered lunch for the group. Jason REALLY enjoyed it, I enjoyed it, and Drake and Lila ate Cheez-Its from my bag :(
Oh, my favorite part of the day was riding in a bicycle-taxi. Lila and I were in one and Jason and Drake the other. They have a name but I can't remember it. Have seen them on the Amazing Race before.
Then to Timmarian Square and the Forbidden City.

I will attempt to post pics later.

3 days until we meet Luke!

2 comments:

  1. I am so jealous!!!!Sounds like yal are having a great time! Does Lila have her matching baby doll with her--I am sure they would all really love that! Keep posting--we are all praying for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been checking your blog 1000 times since you all left. So glad you are having a great time. Tell George the Byers Family said Hi... We loved him!! Praying for you all daily!
    Mischell

    ReplyDelete